Ensure the existing water valve is functioning. If there is no valve or water supply line please refer to New, below.
- Double check your measurements to ensure your refrigerator will fit — depth, width, and height. The appliance installation manual will provide you with exact dimensions.
- Is your refrigerator connected to your sink by cabinetry? Great! If not there are two options:
- Is there a bathroom backing on to the wall connected to the refrigerator? We may be able to connect to this cold water line.
- Is the basement directly under the kitchen? Is it unfinished? If you answered yes to both we can connect to a cold water line from your basement.
- If none of these options apply to you, you will need to locate a cold water line by cutting into your walls, work with a contractor, or ceilings or look at a refrigerator without a water feature.